|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1/2 pound pork sausage crummbled and browned
- 1/4 cup onions, browned with sausage
- 2 cups noodles, cooked & drained
- 1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 can milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 4-5 pieces bread, torn into crouton-sized pieces. Bread heels work well too.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook and drain noodles in a 3 quart saucepan and return to pan. Brown sausage and onion in skillet. Season with pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, while browning. Salt (opt) depending on sausage. Drain.
- Add to noodles in saucepan. Add soup and milk and mix. It should look creamy, if not add more milk.
- When mixed put in a greased 11" x 7" or 9" x 9" pan.
- Now you make the topping. Tear the bread and put in small bowl. (we use the bread loaf heels too). In microwave safe bowl (glass measuring cup works well), melt butter or margarine. Pour over bread & mix so liquid covers most of bread cubes. Put on top of sausage/noodle mixture. We like it packed with bread on top. You adjust the butter amount and bread slices to your liking. Cover with foil. (I spray the foil with cooking spray so it won't stick on the top. Bake for 20 minutes removing the foil the last 5 minutes, so the bread will brown and get crunchy.
- .This will serve my family twice. Before I reheat it the next time, I sprinkle more milk on it so, it's not so dry. Leave the foil on the whole time you reheat & maybe turn oven temperature down to 300 or 325 depending on how long you have to wait.
- This isn't a super spicy dish depending on your sausage. I've even added cut up pieces of bacon. You can add drained veggies to, or parsley to the bread. Whatever goes with your liking. If serving a bigger crowd, double the recipe and use a 9 x 13 pan.