|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||45-60 minutes|
- 4-6 fresh pork chops 1/2-1" thick
- 1-1/2 cup instant rice
- 1 8 oz can mushrooms stems and pieces or sliced
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- Trim chops and brown in oil in large skillet. Meanwhile spread rice in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Reserve 1 Tbsp of onion soup mix and sprinkle rest over rice. Drain mushrooms, reserving juice, and spread mushrooms over rice.
- Add hot water to reserved mushroom juice to make 3 to 3-1/4 cups liquid Pour over rice. Arrange chops on rice. Sprinkle with reserved onion soup mix.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, removing foil for last 10-15 minutes to brown.